Wednesday 16 June 2010

Here at last!

Well after a 17 hour journey (a cancelled flight from Birmingham, much queuing, followed by a re-route via Dusseldorf), I finally found Jemma in our hotel in Karlstad at 11.30pm.

Comfortable in her pyjamas by then, we decided that there wasn't time to get to the other end of town for the last half hour of the opening celebrations. Never mind.

The air here is fresh. You can really feel the difference in the quality. The quality of conversation and learning has been mostly fresh too.

This freshness seems to have given us energy and made us pretty hardcore! Yesterday, Jemma and I packed in 14 sessions between us, reaching saturation levels by 7.30pm when I finally said "enough's enough" and tried to contact my family via Skype. However, yesterday was fraught with technical difficulties for me, hence no blogs until now and a one way conversation on Skype!

Just got time before my next session to upload a talking heads of my first session yesterday:


Kids News Network (Ole Chavannes), Free Voice's Kids News Network, The Netherlands




Check him out at www.henry.k12.ga.us/pges/knn/ or www.freevoice.nl/extras/napa/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment